Book Jacoby to Speak or Teach!
Jacoby has taught workshops, received residencies, and given talks at the request of many high schools, colleges, and universities around the country, applying the wisdom of yoga and Buddhism to the needs of students, staff and faculty. He commonly teaches about compassion and forgiveness, works with activists around self- and community-care, works with student leaders around the inner and interpersonal skills necessary for effective leadership, and with queer communities around strength, courage, and resilience. Jacoby has also designed specific workshops on campuses for National Eating Disorder week, Coming Out Week, and LGBT Health Week, and would be happy to design something specifically tailored to the needs of your school.
If you would like to request a booking, please contact Jacoby.
Previous Talks and Workshops
- Harvard University: Lovingkindness in Queer Communities
- Harvard Divinity School: Yoga for Liberation
- Hampshire College: Compassion and Forgiveness for a Fragmented Campus; Holistic Transgender Health
- Gateway Regional High School: Self-care for Queer Student Activists
- SUNY Oswego Project SMART and Project BLEND: Applying Forgiveness and Compassion to Educational Pedagogy
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges: Mindfulness, Psychology, and Social Justice; Yoga for National Eating Disorder Week; Transformative Activism
- SUNY Brockport: Transformative Leadership
- Van Duyn Elementary School: Yoga for students; mindfulness for teachers
- Frontier Regional School: Self Care for Activists
- College of Wooster weeklong residency: Social Entrepreneurship, Yoga and Social Justice, Self Care for Activists
- University of Syracuse: Queer and Trans Yoga for Coming Out Week
- Pitzer College: Public Scholar’s presentation on Compassion within Social Justice Activism
- Santa Monica College: Grounded Activism
- Loyola Marymount University: Diversity Training for Yoga Teachers
- Wesleyan University: Healing Justice IS Social Justice